Our Church History
- Early Church Genealogy:
- Great Grandparent Church–New Salem Baptist Church, organized 6/8/1843
- Grandparent Church–Winfield Baptist Church, organized January 1884
- Mother Church–First Baptist Church of O’Fallon
- Calvary Baptist Church, organized 8/24/1969 a.k.a. North O’Fallon Baptist Mission
- The First Baptist Church of O’Fallon, Missouri began as a mission of the First Baptist Church of Winfield, Missouri.
- On September 5, 1956, the Winfield church voted to purchase 1.47 acres located along U.S. Highway 40 in O’Fallon.
- On November 10, 1956, the church voted to rent a concrete block building to use as the mission building. Later,
the building and the land were purchased by the church.
- On March 3, 1957, the mission church opened its doors for the first worship service. Rev. George Hoech, pastor of the Winfield Baptist Church, brought the morning sermon with a total of 32 people attending the 9:30am worship service.Rev. Hoech and friends from Winfield made the trip back and forth twice each Sunday and again on Wednesdays to help us get started. We even had Vacation Bible School that first summer. Rev. Hoech served until December 1957, when Rev. Ward Lawrence was called as the mission pastor
- On September 14, 1958, the newly organized church was accepted as the First Baptist Church of O’Fallon, Missouri. We became affiliated with the Cuivre Baptist Association, the Missouri Baptist Convention, and the Southern Baptist Convention.
- In October 1964, Cecil King was called and assumed full-time pastoral duties. FBCO was led to begin a mission church, which in September 1971, became the Calvary Baptist Church in O’Fallon, Missouri.